5 REASONS NOT TO CHOOSE TRADITIONAL EQUIPMENT
For some container shipping operations, using a straddle carrier, heavy forklift or a similar machine to handle your containers can be like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.
Here are the top 5 reasons why you may not need heavy container handling equipment (CHE):
- You only handle low volumes of containers each day or week.
- The containers are being processed in one place at your facility, so you don't need to move them around or stack them.
- You have limited space at your site, so not enough room for traditional container handling equipment to operate.
- The ground surface at your plant isn't reinforced, so it cannot handle the ground load of these heavy machines.
- These are just some of the reasons why CHE may not make sense for your site.